Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Presence, Non-Duality, Sexual & Spiritual Relationship
Example of Teaching
“Spiritual practice is the capacity to offer your love even when you feel hurt, closed down, tense, angry, misunderstood, or hated.”
Total Views: 14,512
David Deida continues to revolutionize the way that men and women grow spiritually and sexually. His teachings and writings on a radically practical spirituality for our time have been hailed as among some of the most original and authentic contributions to personal and spiritual growth currently available.
Known internationally for his unique workshops on spiritual growth and sacred intimacy, Deida has designed and developed a remarkably effective program of transformative practices that addresses spiritual awakening in mind, body, and heart. He is a founding associate of Integral Institute and has taught and conducted research at the University of California Medical School in San Diego; University of California, Santa Cruz; San Jose State University; Lexington Institute, Boston; and Ecole Polytechnique in Paris, France.
Deida is known worldwide as the author of hundreds of essays, audiotapes, videotapes, articles, and books that bring to light an integral approach to spirituality. His books include the best-selling underground classic, “The Way of the Superior Man;” several practical texts on authentic sexual spirituality, including “Finding God Through Sex” and “Blue Truth;” and the autobiographical novel about highly unconventional spiritual training, “Wild Nights.”
David Deida’s books are published in more than twenty-five languages worldwide and are required reading in university, church, and spiritual center courses, source texts used in men’s and women’s groups around the world, and are considered important resources for spiritual transformation and sacred sexuality by everyone from achievement coach Tony Robbins to philosopher Ken Wilber to minister and spiritual spokeswoman Marianne Williamson.
View all Articles
- “If you are waiting for anything in order to live and love without holding back, then you suffer.”
- “Everything you do right now ripples outward and affects everyone. Your posture can shine your heart or transmit anxiety. Your breath can radiate love or muddy the room in depression. Your glance can awaken joy. Your words can inspire freedom. Your every act can open hearts and minds.”
- “But if we are truly happy inside, then age brings with it a maturity, a depth, and a power that only magnifies our radiance.”
- “Every moment waited is a moment wasted....”
- “Every man knows that his highest purpose in life cannot be reduced to any particular relationship. If a man prioritizes his relationship over his highest purpose, he weakens himself, disserves the universe, and cheats his woman of an authentic man who can offer his full, undivided presence.”