Place of Birth
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Foundation of Teaching
The Power of Intention, Self-Help, Motivation, Presence, Affirmation, Non-Duality
Example of Teaching
“A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.”
Total Views: 18,271
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Wayne W. Dyer, Ph.D. (1940 – 2015) was an internationally renowned author and speaker in the field of self-development. He wrote over 30 books, created many audio programs and videos, and appeared on thousands of television and radio shows.
His books “Manifest Your Destiny,” “Wisdom of the Ages,” “There’s a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem,” and the New York Times bestsellers “10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace,” “The Power of Intention,” “Inspiration, Change Your Thoughts—Change Your Life,” “Excuses Begone,” and now “Wishes Fulfilled” have all been featured as National Public Television specials.
Dyer told readers to pursue self actualization, calling reliance on the self as a guide to “religious” experience, and suggested that readers emulate Jesus Christ, whom he termed both an example of a self-actualized person, and a “preacher of self-reliance”. Dyer criticized societal focus on guilt, which he saw as an unhealthy immobilization in the present due to actions taken in the past. He advocated readers to see how parents, institutions, and even they, themselves, have imposed guilt trips upon themselves.
Although Dyer initially resisted the spiritual tag, by the 1990s he had altered his message to include more components of spirituality when he wrote the book “Real Magic,” and discussed higher consciousness, in the book “Your Sacred Self.”
Dyer held a Doctorate in Educational Counseling from Wayne State University and was an associate professor at St. John’s University in New York.
Dr. Wayne Dyer is affectionately called the “father of motivation” by his fans. Despite his childhood spent in orphanages and foster homes, Dr. Dyer overcame many obstacles to make his dreams come true. He spent much of his life showing others how to do the same.
View all Articles
- "Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
- "How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours." When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
- "A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe."
- "It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them, and why worry about things you do control? The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized."
- "Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life."
- "You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with."
- "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
- "Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you."