Fairfield, Iowa USA
Foundation of Teaching
Self-Realization, Love, Passion, Following Your Dreams
Example of Teaching
“Passion arises from the heart, and your heart’s impulse is more likely to be closer to the truth than your mind’s analysis.”
Total Views: 11,892
Janet Bray Attwood is the co-author of the New York Times Bestseller, “The Passion Test-The Effortless Path To Discovering Your Life Purpose“, and co-author of “From Sad to Glad: 7 Steps to Facing Change with Love and Power“.
As an expert on what it takes to live a passionate life, she has shared the stage with, The Dalai Lama, Sir Richard Branson, Jack Canfield, Lisa Nichols, and other top transformational leaders.
Janet’s programs include: The Passion Test Certification™ and The Passion Test for Business ™, with facilitators from around the world. Janet’s other programs include, The Passion Test for Coaches™, (accredited by the ICF) The Passion Test for Teens™, The Passion Test for Kids™, The Passion Test Reclaim Your Power Program for the homeless™, and, The Passion Test Empowered Youth Program™, for kids in lockdown detention centers™.
For her ongoing work with homeless women and youth in detention centers, Janet received the highest award for volunteer service in the U.S. from the President of the United States, The Presidents Volunteer Service Award.
Prior to becoming a top transformational leader, Janet worked in the corporate world. She was the marketing director for the 3rd largest book buyer in the United States, Books Are Fun. It was during her tenure that the company was purchased by Readers Digest for 360 million dollars.
Janet lives in a community of over 3,000 meditator’s from around the world in Fairfield, Iowa, and has been a practitioner and teacher of the Transcendental Meditation Program for over 40 years.
She is a certified facilitator of “The Work of Byron Katie” and a facilitator of the environmental symposium “Awakening the Dreamer – Changing the Dream”. Janet is President of an organization in India, called, “The World United” whose sole purpose is to promote conscious, healthy and sustainable choices for a better world.
She is also on the advisory board for The Center for Management in Mumbai, India, which promotes international business qualifications in India. Janet is a founding member of the Transformational Leadership Council that Jack Canfield, the co-author of the Chicken Soup Series, put together after taking Janet’s Passion Test.
View all Articles
View All Videos
- “One of our favorite sayings is: "Fear is vividly imagining exactly what you don't want to happen, happening."”
- “The happier you are, the more attractive you will be to those you love and cherish. As a great teacher once said, "Happiness radiates like the fragrance from a flower and draws all good things toward you.”
- “Passions change and morph over time as one comes to know and understand oneself more deeply. As you follow your passions, you will find yourself drawn irresistibly onward until one day, you wake up and find you are living a passionate life, filled with a sense of destiny.”
- “To have absolute success in any area, the most important prerequisite must be that you have a passion for doing it.”
- “Passions are how you live your life. Goals are the things you choose to create in your life. For example, one of Jack's passions is "being a multimillionaire." Even if Jack wasn't already a multimillionaire, his passion would be stated as "being a multimillionaire." However, he may have a goal to earn $2 million dollars in the next year. What's the difference? A passion is how you choose to live your life. Jack chooses to live life as a multimillionaire. A goal is something you aim to achieve. The goal could be stated "To earn $2 million dollars within the next year.”
- “Passions are about process. Goals are about outcomes.”