Donji Kraljevec, Croatia
Foundation of Teaching
Philosopher, social reformer, Esotericist
Example of Teaching
“Love starts when we push aside our ego and make room for someone else.”
Total Views: 7,347
Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925), founder of biodynamics, was a highly trained scientist and respected philosopher. Long before many of his contemporaries, Steiner came to the conclusion that western civilization would increasingly bring destruction to itself and the earth if it did not begin to incorporate an objective understanding of the spiritual world and its interrelationship with the physical world. Steiner’s spiritual scientific methods and insights have given birth to practical holistic innovations in many fields including education, banking, medicine, psychology, the arts and, not least, agriculture.
Steiner gained initial recognition as a literary critic and cultural philosopher. At the beginning of the 20th century, he founded a spiritual movement, Anthroposophy, a philosophy which attempts to synthesize science and mysticism.
His multi-faceted genius has led to innovative and holistic approaches in medicine, science, education (Waldorf schools), special education, philosophy, religion, economics, agriculture (Bio-Dynamic method), architecture, drama, the new art of eurythmy, and other fields. In 1925 he founded the General Anthroposophical Society, which today has branches worldwide, Waldorf Schools proliferate, Biodynamic farming is widely practiced and respected, and there are literally thousands of initiatives all over the planet inspired by his work in fields as varied as socially responsible banking, treatment for drug addiction, herbal and homeopathic medicines, even puppet making.
View all Articles
- “Love starts when we push aside our ego and make room for someone else.”
- “If we do not believe within ourselves this deeply rooted feeling that there is something higher than ourselves, we shall never find the strength to evolve into something higher.”
- “May my soul bloom in love for all existence.”
- “You will not be good teachers if you focus only on what you do and not upon who you are.”
- “The time has come to realize that supersensible knowledge has now to arise from the materialistic grave.”
- “A healthy social life arises when the whole community finds its reflection in the mirror of person's soul, and when the virtue of each person lives in the whole community.”
- “Receive the children in reverence; educate them in love; let them go forth in freedom.”
- “Live through deeds of love, and let others live with tolerance for their unique intentions.”