Springfield, Massachusetts USA
Foundation of Teaching
Psychology, Transhumanism, Consciousness
Example of Teaching
“If you don’t like what you’re doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove.”
Total Views: 8,558
Timothy Leary, PhD
Dr. Timothy Leary, PhD (1920-1996) was a psychologist, philosopher, explorer, teacher, optimist, author and revolutionary avatar of the mind. Rightly called the Galileo of Consciousness, he went public with his observations of the mind made with psychedelic mindscopes and helped initiate a renaissance which is still only beginning to elaborate itself.
In his 27 books and monographs, 250 articles, and more than 100 printed interviews published since the early 1950s, Leary has helped define the Humanistic Revolution which has had a huge impact on world culture. During this time, his books and papers as a psychologist helped launch the emerging “Humanistic Psychology” movement with an emphasis on interpersonal relationships, multilevel personality assessments, group therapy, body/mind interaction, and a libertarian redefinition of the doctor-patient relationship.
During the 1960s, Timothy Leary’s published research and social activism helped trigger the psychopharmacological and counterculture revolution known as the Psychedelic Movement. During the 1970s (in which he spent nearly eight years in prison and exile as a political dissident) Leary’s work helped expose the mass mind control police totalitarianism of the Nixon/Reagan/Bush regimes. During the 1970s Leary also wrote about space colonization, intelligence increase, and longevity research. During the 1980s Leary wrote published autobiography, Flashbacks (1987), as well as over 40 essays in various magazines and numerous interviews were published.
View all Articles
View All Videos
- “Think for yourself. Question authority.”
- “Turn on, Tune in, Drop out”
- “You're only as young as the last time you changed your mind.”
- “Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.”
- “Grow with the flow”
- “And a new philosophy emerged called quantum physics, which suggest that the individual’s function is to inform and be informed. You really exist only when you’re in a field sharing and exchanging information. You create the realities you inhabit.”
- “The universe is an intelligence test.”
- “LSD is a psychedelic drug which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people who have NOT taken it.”
- “Just Say Know”