Place of Birth
Yakima, Washington, USA
Motivation, Life Coach
“Never wish life were easier, wish that you were better.”
Total Views: 4,571
A National Treasure
For more than 40 years, Jim Rohn honed his craft like a skilled artist—helping people the world over sculpt life strategies that expanded their imagination of what is possible. Those who had the privilege of hearing him speak can attest to the elegance and common sense of his material. It is no coincidence, then, that he is still widely regarded as one of the most influential thinkers of our time, and thought of by many as a national treasure. He authored countless books and audio and video programs, and helped motivate and shape an entire generation of personal-development trainers and hundreds of executives from America’s top corporations.
Idaho Farm Boy Makes It
Born to an Idaho farming family in the mid-1900s, Jim was ingrained with a work ethic that served him well throughout his life. At 25, he met his mentor Earl Shoaff. And over the next six years he made his first fortune, yet didn’t get into speaking until he moved to Beverly Hills, Calif., when a friend at the Rotary Club asked him to tell his success story, which Rohn titled “Idaho Farm Boy Makes It to Beverly Hills.” His speech went over so well that he received more invitations to share it, and better yet, they started paying him for it. In the beginning, he spoke in front of college and high-school classes and at service clubs, before moving on to seminars in 1963, which launched him into the personal-development business. From then on, he became a trailblazer in the self-help/personal-development industry, impacting the lives of millions through his life-changing material.
His Influence Endures
Jim Rohn shared his message with more than 6,000 audiences and over 5 million people all over the world. He received numerous industry awards including the coveted National Speakers Association CPAE Award and the Master of Influence Award. Jim’s philosophies and influence continue to have worldwide impact.
Jim focused on the fundamentals of human behavior that most affect personal and business performance. His is the standard to which those who seek to teach and inspire others are compared. He possessed the unique ability to bring extraordinary insights to ordinary principles and events, and the combination of his substance and style still captures the imagination of those who hear or read his words.
View all Articles
- “Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.”
- “The only way it gets better for you is when you get better. Better is not something you wish, it’s something you become.”
- “For things to change, you have to change.”
- “Don’t let your learning lead to knowledge. Let your learning lead to action.”
- “Success is not to be pursued, it is to be attracted by the person you become.”
- “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced every day.”
- “When you know what you want, and you want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it.”
- “The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch.”
- “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.”
- “Formal education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune.”