by Alberto Villloldo: Rites of passage and initiation have been practiced for millennia by all peoples in the Earth…
These rites are not only stages of initiation, but perhaps steps for the evolution of humanity. As nations fight for bits of territory and battle over land, we must find the wisdom to create peace among all peoples.
As our space telescopes show us images of a vast and immeasurable Universe, we must find a human story that is inclusive of the stars. And as our ability to destroy the world increases, we are called to step up to the task of assuming stewardship for all creation.
In essence, the rites are about stewardship. They are not ego-awards or recognition of any kind of achievement, nor do they make anyone special. On the contrary, they make one uniquely unimportant. Only then, from a position of no-ego, can we truly be of service.
Shamans have a special connection to the sun and the stars. Within us we carry the seeds of the Earthkeeper and archangel-like beings that are guardians of our solar system and stewards of all life on Earth. It lifts us from our earth-bound existence and sets our spirit free to begin our journey to the stars, beginning with the sun, our local star. The lore says they first star you see in the sky after receiving the rite is the star you come from.
The actions of an Earthkeeper:
- Offer your vision, heart, and actions to the well-being of the entire planet.
- Make offerings to Mother Earth and ask her to guide you in becoming her Steward.
- Connect with this lineage to embody the wisdom and love of the Munay-Ki.
- Contemplate the interconnectedness of all beings and think of the seven generations ahead as
We also possess the seeds of the Starkeeper, a rite bestowing on us our seat around a holy fire at the center of the Sun, a place held for us from the beginning of time. This rite helps your physical body to evolve into Homo Luminous; the aging process is slowed down, your DNA is re-informed, and you become more resilient and resistant to disease.
The actions of a Starkeeper:
- Find the opportunity to look at the stars and ask for your guiding star. Let the answer come later, perhaps in a dream, in a vision, or in a meaningful synchronicity. It can take days or years.
- In the meantime, remember that all life originally comes from the stars, including yourself.
- Contemplate what is to be part of a solar system and a galaxy. Look at your life from that perspective and realize how short and precious your existence is.
- Let inspiration come from the great beyond and may you become part of the prophecy.