by (Peace Yoga Retreat): How to Enter…
- Sit on the floor, Straight your legs in front of you.
- Bend Your Right Knee first close to your chest and then drop it to the right side,
- Adjust your Right feet close to the left inner thigh, if any knee issues or tight hips so place brick or blanket under your bent leg,
- make sure you are pressing your feet into the left inner thigh during the pose
- check the angle between your leg, which should be 90 degrees, then grab your foot to your both hands.
- Inhale, open your chest, Shoulder down, and neck relaxed, Connect your mind to your lower back,
- Pull the skin of the butt back if need, sit on your sitting bone properly and lengthen your both side of the torso.
- Exhale, Maintain the connection of your chest to your lower back and hamstring, Pull the belly in to create more space and with very exhale bend forward.
Do not squeeze your chest, Make sure you are taking your full breath. And repeat same another side.
Alignment Cues –
- Knee slightly Bended (if Hyperextended),
- if Any knee issue or hip then place your right feet on your left shin. (repeat)
- Both thighs at 90 degrees with each other.
- Rotate your straight leg slightly inward,
- External rotation of Bent leg.
- Push heel forward and toes toward your belly
- Sit on the sitting bone, not on your tail bone, (if can’t – Use something under your butts)
- lift your sternum up towards the sky.
- Shoulders external rotated, depressed
- elongate your Spine, lengthen your both side of the torso.
- Shoulder blade down, and neck long.
How to finish –
As you hold the posture for 2-3 minutes, With Inhale, straight your elbow and lift your chest up, Lower back in, release the hamstring, and then with exhalation slowly release the posture.
Modification of the pose –
- Use the Belt around your feet,
- Sit on the blankets (if hard to keep your back straight )
- blankets Under the knees, (if the hamstring is too tight or the Knee is hyperextended) – Straight leg.
- Blanket under your thigh if you have a knee issue or tight hips,
If Your back is Curving and can’t do full pose properly then keep your chest open , Drishti on Your – Toes (padayorgrah)
IF advance the Drishti on Your – Nose (Nasagrah)
- Stretches Your hamstring, calves, Spine.
- Calm the mind and relieves the stress.
- Good for the digestive system
- massage the internal organs (kidney, pancreas, liver) of Abdominal.
- improves appetite
- good for diabetes
- Good for infertility as it stimulates ovaries gland
- Good for high blood pressure, Insomnia
- Soothes the nerve of the back.
- Slip Disc
- Sacroiliac joint pain ( ask to your teacher)
- any back issue
- any knee ligament injury
- Hip issuse