by (Shift): Most people are sleepwalking through life…
They either identify solely with this 3D reality or they believe in a vague sort of afterlife that is given to them if they behave well enough while they are alive. To wake up to who you really are, you need to go within and stop focusing so much on the external.
Even some “spiritual” people are not aware of what their true essence is. Enlightenment doesn’t come from reading books or chanting mantras…it comes from Self-realization.
What is Self-realization? It is the awakening of the awareness that you really are a Source fractal using a physical avatar as a way to interact with the densest plane of Reality. You are in a simulated universe that is a playground for experiential existence and soul evolution. While you definitely have a body, you are not your body.
Becoming Self-realized also makes you aware of the intimate interconnected wholeness of everything. As Swami Amar Jyoti said, “When you find yourself, who you really are, you will find that everybody and everything is One.” We are all inextricably linked to one another. What any one of us does affects every one of us.
Alan Watts said that, “waking up to who you are requires letting go of you who imagine yourself to be.” This means that you drop all the self-imposed labels, as well as the labels put on you by others, that attempted to define who you are.
That is all window dressing…layers of an onion obfuscating that true You.
Identifying with anything too strongly tethers you to it like a ball and chain. It hinders your evolution and makes it easier for you to fall into polarity consciousness. Us vs. them is a strong program that is difficult for anyone to break who has not awoken to who they really are.
Self-Realization: It’s as Easy as 1-2-3
You don’t have to run off to an ashram for several years in near-constant meditation to become Self-realized. It’s actually quite effortless, if you are open to it. What you are attempting to find is something that already exists within you…it’s the true You. It’s with you wherever you go and during whatever you do.
You can connect with your true Self by acknowledging it. At first, you can use meditation as your main tool to get in touch with it. Afterwards, you can simply connect with it in real-time without having to go through a visualization meditation. There’s many ways to go about it, but here’s one I like to teach, given its effectiveness for most people.
- Sit with your spine straight, eyes closed, breathing long and deep.
- Imagine a little glowing white version of you sitting in full lotus, right at your third eye center.
- Put your awareness into First Person mode of the little version of you, moving down your central channel, which is aligned with the spine, until you reach your solar plexus.
- Here, the little version of you lands on a spinning fire disc that spins continuously faster, lifting you back up through your central channel up out through your crown.
- You see the little glowing you rising above your physical body, going up into the sky, past the Earth, farther and farther…moving faster and faster past the planets in the Solar System and far beyond. The fire disc is always continuously spinning under you.
- Your inner GPS takes you to what looks like a star. This luminous ball of energy will begin “speaking” to you and you are able to have a conversation with it. You may even just feel strong emotions or see images of some kind. Connect with the star, as this is the visual symbol for your true Self. Ask it anything you want to know about yourself, life, and Reality.
- When you are done, think to yourself that you want to go back to your body. You will see the little version of yourself travel at light speed through space, back into your body, into the third eye center. You can open your eyes when you are ready.
If you want to listen to an 11-minute guided version of this, I have created one available for download here.
Your own Self-realization is the greatest gift you can give to yourself and the world. When you wake up to who you really are, your entire perception of Reality shifts in a way that can’t be understood by reading about it. This is something you have to experience for yourself. Whenever you are ready, say Hello to your true Self. You will be glad you did.