Place of Birth
Maryville, Missouri USA
Foundation of Teaching
Self Improvement, Interpersonal Skills
Example of Teaching
“Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.”
Total Views: 9,927
Dale Carnegie was born in 1888 in Missouri, USA and was educated at Warrensburg State Teachers College. As a salesman and aspiring actor, he traveled to New York and began teach- ing communications classes to adults at the YMCA. In 1912, the world-famous Dale Carnegie Course® was born.
He authored several best-sellers, including, How To Win Friends and Influence People and How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. Over 50 million copies of Mr. Carnegie’s books have been printed and published in 38 languages.
Mr. Carnegie was a prominent lecturer of his day and a sought-after counselor to world leaders. He wrote newspaper columns and had his own daily radio show.
Dale Carnegie founded what is today a world- wide network of over 3,000 instructors and offices in more than 70 countries.
View all Articles
- “It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.”
- “Be wiser than other people if you can; but do not tell them so.”
- “Don't be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.”
- "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
- “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.”
- “No matter what happens, always be yourself.”
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”