INSTRUCTION OF UTTANASANA
How to Enter –
- Uttanasana is a standing forward bend pose, Stand in front of the mat, take two feet back distance from the front edge of the mat.
- Now slowly bend halfway down, place your palm on your thigh, active your palm against the thighs.
- drag your sternum up, Chest open, Now connect your mind from your chest to your lower back and hamstring,
- feel the movement of the back of the thigh ( hamstring ), slightly shift the 25% weight forward on your Mount of the toes.
- Inhale, open the chest, lower back in, And with exhale, Let your belly go in,
- Create space between your thigh and lower belly and walk to your palms down towards the feet while maintaining your chest open and straight your back, as long as you can.
- with exhale completely let your body hang forward, but don’t pull yourself.
Alignment Cues –
- Knee slightly Bended (if Hyperextended),
- Weight evenly on your both feet,
- Hips and ankle align,
- thigh rotate inwardly,
- lower back in, Neck relax,
- chest open,
- shoulder relax and shoulder blade apart from each other,
- feet parallel to each other,
- palm next to your feet,
How to finish –
As you hold the posture for 2-3 minutes, With Inhale, straight your elbow and lift your chest up, Lower back in, release the hamstring, and then with exhalation slowly release the posture.
Modification of the pose –
- Use the Belt around your feet,
- place the brick between your both thighs ( activate your inner thigh )
- Place blanket under your heels, ( if knees are hyper extend )
If Your back is Curving and can’t do full pose properly then keep your chest open , Drishti on Your – Toes (padayorgrah)
IF advance the Drishti on Your – Nose (Nasagrah)
- Stretches Your hamstring, calves, Spine, hips,
- Calm the mind and relieves the stress.
- Good for the digestive system
- massage the internal organs (kidney, pancreas, liver) of Abdominal.
- improves appetite
- good for diabetes
- Good for infertility as it stimulates ovaries gland
- Good for high blood pressure, Insomnia,asthma
- Soothes the nerve of the back.
- Slip Disc
- Sacroiliac joint pain ( ask to your teacher)
- any back issue
- any knee ligament injury
- low blood pressure